Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] How To Become A DFG Testor

Dragon
(@dragon)
The Dragon Admin
Topic starter  

Purpose Of testing:

Here at DFG we feel its important to test our genetics prior to release, and know how they will preform in all climates, all environments, and from various skill level growers, growing in all sorts of styles. In order to accomplish this, we use test growers.  Know this - This is not a free for all of free seeds.  However, growers who honor the agreement, and follow thru, are always able to participate in further testing rounds.  Our goal is to continue to develop long term relationships with quality growers. 

Failure to follow thru will bar further participation.

While the forum here is still new and may evolve, currently what we are looking for from our testers:

To be Considered as a tester:

Make a thread here on my forum to post updates from, and in this first post include the following: 

Grow Environment rundown IE - outdoor - state / or climate of your area, If indoor, Lighting / Medium / Nutrition rundown etc

If you also post to IG / Cannabuzz / bean basement / THCFARMER etc your Username(s) if you care to share

How many beans you can realistically pop and flower.

If approved as a tester,

I will message you with current list of strains needing testers, and if you accept, pay shipping, and we send seeds out to you.

We expect them to be germinated, and grown out and documented here on the DFG Dragons Lair Tester Forum 

We then want to see your Thread being updated

We expect at minimum -  Veg update prior to flipping to flower, Mid Flower Update, At harvest update, and a Finished Flower / Smoke Report update.  Anything more then this is encouraged, and more info is always better.

We don't charge for the tester seeds, however we do charge shipping - typically 5 bucks to the usa, and 15-25 internationally depending on destination.  Paypal cashapp venmo all work to pay the shipping charge.  

If these terms are acceptable to you, feel free to make a thread for me to review.  

Blessedmomma98, JB, Weedus and 3 people liked
S3crets
(@s3crets)

Hey hey!

California Indoor

2- 5x5 Flower tents

1- 2x8 veg area

I run a sp250 led in the veg area and 1000w hps in the flower tents.

All organic from start to finish. 

Top dressing with organic dry amendments and occasional compost teas.

Right now I'm doing quick veg turn arounds about 4 weeks from seed before I try to flip. Sog into a scrog but I let them veg just a little longer. Popping around 20 seeds per session.(regs usually, so counting on males to show up)

@s3cretgardens on IG

Just a quality organic small homegrower!

1617849464-inbound1463108084687265242.jpg

ReplyQuote
Dragon
(@dragon)
The Dragon Admin
Topic starter  

@s3crets  Sounds good, email me your address [email protected]

ReplyQuote
Wizard1
(@wizard1)

Hey,

Nova Scotia outdoor and greenhouse.

5x5 veg with T5s

32x24 greenhouse/chicken coop. 

24 hole emended native soil polyculture garden. Nettles, clover and comfrey companion plants, building guilds more and more every year. Once plants are pulled cover crop goes on. 

7 gorilla style pollination plots 

I pop about 100 seeds a year mix of regs and fems. Personal medical grow and side breeding projects

IG: twinspringscraftgenetics and hermetixgenetics 

canna buzz: hermetixgenetics

1617881419-AB094CFD-55EA-4EBE-A5A9-13E712E6351E.jpeg

Dragon liked
ReplyQuote
Dndgreenery
(@edwinpoole)
New Member Customer

Newfoundland, Canada

Indoor/outdoor

Our outdoor climate is very unforgiving, our fall comes quick with lots of humidity at late summer early fall. Great location to test mold resistance. 

5x5 space indoor, 10x10 outdoor

Indoor I use a mix of spiderfarmer leds and others for veg/flower 

I use organic amendments and teas for outdoor and some indoor

I have been running Diablo nutrients in coco coir indoors for the past 2 years with pretty good results. 

I could reasonably run 10 seeds indoor and 10 outdoor.

My insta is dndgreenery 

1617888549-inbound2661031781135767180.jpg

ReplyQuote
Dragon
(@dragon)
The Dragon Admin
Topic starter  

@wizard1 sounds good bud, how about the Celestial dragon x Orange dreams for you, those should crush outdoor in the short colder canada season

ReplyQuote
Dragon
(@dragon)
The Dragon Admin
Topic starter  

@edwinpoole sounds good lets go with the celestial dragon x orange dreams for you, best bet the the short wet cold and also will be awesome indoor

ReplyQuote
ODG
 ODG
(@odg)

Hey!

California(San Diego)

Outdoor and greenhouse 

Using organic soil with top dress with just water

I pop about 15 seeds a run, I let the outdoor plants get as big as possible and flip as many as I can inside the greenhouse. 

Running some Amber dragon right now, excited to see the outcome as well as some Red Bulgarian later this season

IG: ol_dirty_grower

1617910688-20210403_152015.jpg

ReplyQuote
Dndgreenery
(@edwinpoole)
New Member Customer

@dragon sounds great man, should i send you a email ? 

ReplyQuote
Chaos7he0ry
(@chaos7he0ry)

Hey im in victoria australia. End of august is starting of the outdoor season here, indoors im using 8ftx8ft tent with multiple lights and setups throughout the year. I've got room to do 50 outdoors each season and could run 4 comfortably indoors each run. I use compost teas and a multitude of other methods on my outdoor girls, bio diesel and top feed my indoors.

1617920085-20210305_175633.jpg

ReplyQuote
JB
 JB
(@bigcountrywade)
New Member Customer

Hey Y’all,

JB from Texas.

Indoor grower only (you know why🤣)

3x3 

315w CMH Sun Systems

AND 

4x2 

240w Chilled Logic Puck v4

botnicare Gro Coco, earthworm castings, perlite

botnicare nutes: cal/mag, silica blast, grow, bloom

rapid start and tribus micronutrients 

been growing for two or three years for the wife who has migraines.

IG: drpepper300.0

grown six or so different strains by Dragon with Mushu Stash being my favorite so far followed closely by Garlic Stash #21 (testers) or BlackBerry Hashplant.

currently looking forward to the Mac dragon line coming out for testing and hopefully if all goes well release.

love to learn and love to test. 

science background by education and practice, good note taking skills and collect data like a mad man.

1st picture is one of my more recent Mushu grows

2nd pic is BlackBerry Hashplant lower⛽️⛽️⛽️

Can pop 7 at a time assuming I don’t have anything running. As soon as I get them they go into flow.

🤙🏼

1617924216-0873229B-0E17-4175-B92A-49FB57A529DF.jpeg
1617924360-94B9B836-9418-4C43-BD54-A09E0A3D7AAE.jpeg
This post was modified 6 days ago 2 times by JB

ReplyQuote
Wizard1
(@wizard1)

@dragon hell yea man! Excited! 

ReplyQuote
Jmcyr1985
(@jmcyr1985)

Northern maine out and indoor  and use a nitrogen base sub cool super soil for outdoor and 707 soil for indoor nutrient roots organics 

1618008653-received_3572130079485795.jpeg

Dragon liked
ReplyQuote
Dragon
(@dragon)
The Dragon Admin
Topic starter  

@jmcyr1985 shoot me an email to arrange shipping

ReplyQuote
Sakshi
(@sakshi)

Hello from souther California !!

About to do my first grow! My dad just started chemo and felt like I should tap into the green thumb I’ve had growing up. Found your ad on ig and fell like this the spot to help me have a successful first grow. 

For indoor I have a 4x8 a 2x2 and thinking of picking up another 4x8 to use the rest of the room in garage.

I should be able to get away with a plant or two outdoors.

Going to grow all organic in coco and dwc

Using 2 K5 xl750, if I end up being able to test I’ll get another 4x8 and 2 more K5s. Also have to mars hydro 1000w. 

Dragon liked
ReplyQuote
Share: